Author Topic: Need help with...(anything graphical?)  (Read 2415 times)

Description:

Offline Phoenix

Need help with...(anything graphical?)
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:09:07 PM »
I thought I'd post a topic up in case people need help with:
- Resizing images in photoshop
- Resizing images for signatures
- Adding images for signatures
- Adding text to images
- Creating banners
- Creating footers/display ads for stories
- Creating front and back covers for stories
- Illustrating stories.

If there are any other queries, feel free to post and ask me. I'm a friendly person  :lovedance:.

Just reply with what you would like help with and I will get back to you as soon as I can.  :headphones:

Offline New Overseer

Re: Need help with...(anything graphical?)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 10:07:06 PM »
I require your assistance.  I shall pay you 50 Groats in exchange for a banner to go in my signature.

It should be 50 x 250, and the image should be the same devil as in my avatar, but not in the same pose (He's from the Tenacious D video - Tribute.)  I'd like the Text "New Overseer" in one corner, and "PM an admin, we're here to help." along the bottom.  I'd also like a 1px border surrounding it.  All other stylistic decisions shall be left to you.

:Overseer:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:27:17 PM by New Overseer »
Welcome one and all to the New Tome City.  I'm New Overseer; if you need anything, send me, New Overdragon, or New Overlord a PM.

Beeeee the best Tomeeeeians in the world.  Or I'll eat your souls.

Sig image by Phoenix

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 10:41:20 PM »
I'll get right on that New Overseer :).
Keep an eye on this post as I'll post your request here.

~Edit~

I have this so far;

Code: [Select]
[URL=http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/KJ_Wheeler/media/New%20Overseer_zpsthewijvf.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o561/KJ_Wheeler/New%20Overseer_zpsthewijvf.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Is this okay, or were you thinking something larger?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:12:35 PM by Phoenix »

Offline New Overseer

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 11:17:37 PM »
I said along the bottom, but the way you've done that looks good too, so I shall claim this.  You should receive your groats once I've blackmailed robbed blown up made a withdrawal from the Bank of Tome...

EDIT:  You have been paid.  Pleasure doing business with you; I have also included a link to your thread under my sig.  Now to disappear in a puff of smoke.

(Poof.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:24:08 PM by New Overseer »
Welcome one and all to the New Tome City.  I'm New Overseer; if you need anything, send me, New Overdragon, or New Overlord a PM.

Beeeee the best Tomeeeeians in the world.  Or I'll eat your souls.

Sig image by Phoenix

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 11:27:17 PM »
I had to make the font like that as when I was creating the image on Photoshop, the font was size 3. I had to alter the font slightly to make it less blurry, but I can change it if you want to.

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 06:24:54 PM »
Araell asked me to edit an image for her signature, here's the original.

And here's the signature;

Code: [Select]
[url=http://newtomecity.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.msg19#msg19][img]http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o561/KJ_Wheeler/Writing%20on%20the%20wall_Araell_zpscds7pjkm.jpg[/img][/url]

Offline Angel

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 08:03:23 PM »
Oooh this is so cool!!

Enter Helena's world of light.
 :onfire:

Offline Araell

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 08:14:30 PM »
Thanks again Pho  ;D

"The war has begun! The line between Light and Dark is beginning to blur and only time will tell which will overpower the other." Keeper Prophecy (Destiny)

"I'm beginning to wonder whether this world ever had a divine being at all or if the Gods were among us this whole time!" Omar Delaney (Writing on the Wall)

Offline Saint

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 12:45:17 AM »
In an unfortunate turn of events, I have no image editor on my pc, nor do I care to locate one.  I shall request your services for two sig banners, because this seems like the much lazier option.  They are for the two stories currently in my signature, and if you could find the time, I'd also like full-sized images done up for the threads themselves.

:owlhr:

TC Origins:

Sig banner: 250x50 px.  Should have the image below in the background, cropped so that only the teeth are visible.  Somewhere on the  sig should be the phrases "Save yourself, I'll hold them back", "TC Origins: Saint Pankibi", and "A Saint Pankibi story."

Full size banner, whatever size you decide is best, as long as it fits the page well.  TC Origins: Saint Pankibi needs to be bigger than the the other two phrase, and the other two should pun along the bottom in either corner.

Image:

As a side note, it's very important that the skin or lips are not visible, only the teeth, as the character in my story has bitten-off lips which I can't find a good picture of anywhere.

:owlhr:

This one's less important, as it's on sort of hiatus, but for Not Quite Home, I want the same thing as above, but with the below image, and "Not Quite Home" and "A Saint Pankibi Story."

One more thing, all images should have a 1px black box banner around them.

CHEEEERS!
:owlfly1:

Want to play DnD?  Check out: The Lost Treasure: A TC DnD Campaign
Don't want to play DnD? That's fine too, here's a short set in the world instead: A Tale of The Darkest Tome
How about helping me build a world From the Ground Up?

Offline Saint

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 04:36:26 AM »
*poke*

Don't want to play DnD? That's fine too, here's a short set in the world instead: A Tale of The Darkest Tome

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 09:38:04 PM »
Sorry, I'll get on this soon. Been pretty busy but you know that don't you  :P.

Offline Angel

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 12:17:46 PM »
Bonjour! Could you please make a small banner for my Untiled piece to go both in my sig and on the homepage for FeSt?

Thats the image to be resized and could my name and 'Untitled' please be put somewhere clearly. Merci.

Enter Helena's world of light.
 :onfire:

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 02:18:34 AM »
I'm going to work on this tomorrow when I can :) Shouldn't take me too long to do either so you should have it pretty soon.

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 10:14:41 AM »
I has an image for you to look at! :D

There is a larger image which I think needs to be the one on the homepage here which the admins need to grab if you're happy. Let me know if you want the colours changed too, or if you're happy :).

Offline Saint

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 04:23:55 PM »
I require a FeSt banner.  You already know the dimensions required, here's the image for the background:

It wasn’t an easily mistakable door, so it’s not like I saw it when I thought I didn’t.  It was slightly thinner and lower than a normal door  by perhaps four or five inches.  An adult could walk through it without banging their head but every time I see it I get the impression that it’s designed for a child or perhaps a teenager.  The wood was a warm, rich, expensive-looking brown, which seemed older than possible.  It would belong in your wealthy great-grandparents’ house if it weren't for the sigils.

Five sigils, about the width of your palm, were centred on the door in a pentagon, each connected to the other four by a carefully bevelled line.  The sigils were five different colours in a shallow glass dome, no more than an inch out from the wood.  Inside each dome was a texture that looked like a starry night sky, but the glass covering it was vibrantly coloured, and walking past gave the illusion that the contents were moving.

The focus should be on the sigils more than the door, due to the dimensions of the banner.  Sigil colours should be blue, red, orange, purple and white.

Stick my name and the story title on it somewhere, and the tagline "That can't be a coincidence... Can it?"

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 12:05:06 AM »
I'll get around to this pretty soon  :thumb: You want a close up of the door as your thing? Or a section of it with a coloured background? (If so any preference?)