Author Topic: Saint does the Daily Writing Prompts.  (Read 1013 times)

Description:

Offline Saint

Saint does the Daily Writing Prompts.
« on: May 29, 2017, 01:31:05 PM »
I need to get back into writing, so pretty much what the title says. I'll try to do this daily, even if it's just 100 words, and most days it likely will be. The aim is to remotivate myself to work again.

:owlfly1:

Want to play DnD?  Check out: The Lost Treasure: A TC DnD Campaign
Don't want to play DnD? That's fine too, here's a short set in the world instead: A Tale of The Darkest Tome
How about helping me build a world From the Ground Up?

The following users thanked this post: New Overlord

Offline Saint

DWP 29/05
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 02:00:36 PM »
Dialogue prompt.
   "Your home is a wreck, you could have at least cleaned the bathroom."
   "Had I known I was going to have guests at three o'clock in the morning, I'm sure I would have."

It was dark. Far too dark to be answering the bloody door.  Why his mother had decided to invite herself around at such an ungodly hour was beyond him, but family was family, so he let her in. What harm could she do?

"Your home is a wreck, you could have at least cleaned the bathroom."

"Had I known I was going to have guests at three o'clock in the morning, I'm sure I would have."

"Don't sass your mother."

"Don't sass my flat, you don't live here." She visibly recoiled when I said that.

Silence. Silence was never good. She stared down at the floor, just like he used to do when she told him off. That's when he saw it, illuminated in the dull light still being given item the bathroom. There was a bruise on her cheek, and it was a lot more vibrant than they usually were.

She turned back to the door.

"You're right, I don't live here. I'm sorry, I have no right-"

"-what's wrong?" He cut her in before she could monologue. "Whats so important at this hour?"

"I'm leaving him. I was hoping I could stay here."

"You'd better take my bedroom," he said without a second thought. "It's the only clean room in the flat."

She smiled, just slightly.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 04:26:02 PM by Saint »
:owlfly1:

Want to play DnD?  Check out: The Lost Treasure: A TC DnD Campaign
Don't want to play DnD? That's fine too, here's a short set in the world instead: A Tale of The Darkest Tome
How about helping me build a world From the Ground Up?

The following users thanked this post: New Overlord, Phoenix

Offline New Overlord

Re: Saint does the Daily Writing Prompts.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 07:58:42 PM »
20 Groats awarded, keep up the good work.

:Overlord:

Offline Phoenix

Re: Saint does the Daily Writing Prompts.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 09:31:01 AM »
Good idea Saint! And a great first post too  :read1:

I did spot one typo though, not sure if you saw it.

Silence. Silence was never good. She stared down at the floor, just like he used to do when she told hi. off. That's when he saw it, illuminated in the dull light still being given item the bathroom.